Waste collection in the Region of Peel has changed to a bi-weekly alternating schedule for garbage and recycling collection.
Find your next collection day:
- Garbage, recycling and organics are now collected by automated collection vehicles in most areas in Peel.
- Garbage and recycling are now collected on different weeks. If your garbage is picked up one week, your recycling is picked up the next week.
- Recyclables must be in a cart or in clear or blue transparent recycling bags. Blue or grey boxes are no longer collected.
What’s staying the same?
- Organics are still picked up every week.
- Yard waste collection continues to be collected seasonally.
- Unlimited amounts of recycling and organics are accepted at the curb.
- Excess garbage must be tagged except during exemption periods.
The Region will collect your old blue box (or grey box) and green bin on designated collection dates in spring 2016.
Alternatively you can drop off your old, empty bins for free at any Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). At the CRC, be sure to dispose of your bins and/or boxes in the bulky plastic bin – not the garbage bin.
Please consider re-purposing your old green bin to store pet food, bird seed, sand or walkway salt.
Please also consider re-purposing your old blue box or grey box to:
- Hold recyclables before putting them in your recycling cart.
- Use as a yard waste container starting in spring 2016.
- Store items/supplies such as holiday decorations or linens.